Get Cheap Air Tickets
Here are some tips for you to get cheaper air tickets.
1. Shop in the Internet: This is the most convenient way of checking air ticketsí price. You wonít have to canvass travel agencies. Some internet sites even offer internet only discounts that you can benefit from if you avail of their services.
2. When you do shop on the internet: Check first with travel agents regarding prices, Internet prices arenít always cheap, itís best to ask a good old travel agent. It wonít hurt to look at news papers too, as some airlines publish discounts on print. If youíre planning to buy more than 6 months in advance, itís probably best to ask a travel guide as internet sites donít usually have schedules for longer than six months.
3. Donít travel During Peak season: Airlines tend to increase ticket prices during Peak travel season due to the increase in demand. Traveling during low season is also advantageous if you want to avoid airport and tourist spot crowds. If you really have to travel during peak season, consider leaving home early and going home late to avoid the rush.
4. Never fly on weekends: If youíre planning a trip, plan to leave on weekdays, preferable Monday to Wednesday. Weekends are high traffic times, for travelers and would probably cost you an additional $25-$40 increase.
5. How long to Stay: Yes your travel stay also affects airline ticket prices. Airlines give discounts if you stay at least a week at your destination and return within 90 days.
6. Use the senior citizen discount: Some Airlines offer the same senior Citizen discount for the companions of the Senior Citizen. Ask if itís available.
7. The Early Bird gets the Airline Ticket: Call Airlines at 12:01 am on Wednesday mornings. This is when airlines release all the new fares and seat plans. You can be first and choose the best and cheapest tickets at this time.
8. Consider a Connecting Flight: Contrary to popular belief, direct flights arenít always the cheapest. Some people have saved up to $1000 dollars on booking connecting instead of Direct flights. If you donít have a lot of luggage, and arenít very particular with time, it is best, and a lot cheaper to book a connecting flight instead of direct.